He’s ba-ack!

I didn’t write last night because I wanted to be able to report that Mark was home.  I had thought he might be home by the time I got home from work a little after 8:00, but he wasn’t.  Instead, there was a message on the answering machine saying he was just north of St. Petersburg, FL and he would be home soon.  I thought I might have time to make it to the Geek Squad at Best Buy to pick up my laptop.

By the way, for those of you who sometimes forward things to me that you didn’t create yourself, please don’t do that anymore.  The other night my laptop got a virus that kept popping up one window after another and not letting me do anything.  When I took it in to Geek Squad, they wiped over 2,500 bugs off it and I lost all my photos.  That teaches me to back up my photos, but it also means I can no longer afford to open forwarded messages.  If you want to send me something from someone else, you can type it out yourself in a separate email sent only to me and I’ll read it.  I won’t be able to open forwarded pictures either, just the ones you’ve taken and want to send me.  Thank you for understanding!

So anyway, it was about 9:30 when I returned home and I fully expected to see Mark then, but he wasn’t here.  Again, there was a message on my answering machine saying he would be home soon.  I put candles in the window for him, set a pot of water on for tea, and waited…and waited…and waited.  He finally arrived home sometime between 11:00 and 11:30 last night and he looked exhausted.  We went to bed and slept in this morning till time to get up and get ready for work.

This evening has been my first opportunity to let you all know that he’s home.  We are truly grateful for all your prayers.  Mark said that at one point last night he was crossing a high bridge and a side wind had him almost pinned to the guardrail.  I’m convinced that all the prayers going up for him brought him home safely.  Thank you!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *