We have told everyone around here that we’re coming back next spring. Why? Let me count the reasons why:
- No one could help but know that we love this area and all that there is to see and do.
- Tim and Kathy are great people to work for. They give us free tickets to plays and other events, offer to cover our evening rounds if we want to do something fun, and Tim says he’ll take us out on his boat sometime when things are quiet and the water is smooth. They are very encouraging and openly show their appreciation for us.
- Rosann and Kathryn are quilters and we have gone on quilting outings together.
- Last night we were invited to join Susan and Arnold and Barb and Bill for dinner at JJs.
- Barb and Bill have said I can inherit their tomato plant when they leave after next week. They’re tomato plant sure did a lot better than mine this summer.
- We pulled my slug-eaten vegetables out of the ground today and I wanted to plant some bulbs. I didn’t have a trowel so I asked Bob and Cherie if they had one I could borrow. Bob had found one at a campsite and got it for me and said I could keep it!
- I mentioned to Cherie that I have a brown thumb, so she and Bob brought over some happy solar flowers that I can’t kill!
- I was planting bulbs to the low rumble of thunder and just finished before a storm hit and watered them for me. I love stormy weather!
- Judy is the president of the Wisconsin chapter of my denisefuller.com fan club. She wants to take us thrift shopping at her favorite stores soon.
- Our bathrooms were rated ten star by Good Sam and there’s hardly a day that passes by without one of the seasonals or one of the campers complimenting us on how clean our bathrooms are. It’s so nice to be appreciated!
So this afternoon before the storm hit, I planted spring blooming bulbs as a promise that we will be back next year. I can hardly wait to see them come up!