The last few weeks have been busy for us. My cousin, Dave, and his wife, Sue, have invited us to stay in their driveway until we’re ready to leave for Arizona, so at least that has been a load off! Continue reading
I have applied for several jobs this week as well as the one I applied for before we left Wisconsin, but I haven’t heard back from any of them. It occurred to me today that Mark got an immediate response from UPS when he applied, so I decided to apply there too. Continue reading
Mark had his interview this morning for the driver’s helper position at UPS. He got the job – yeah! – but it’s on-call and it only pays half as much as the other position he applied for. He found out today that the other position is already filled. Continue reading
We had to make it to Oregon by Sunday because I had a dental appointment yesterday. I thought it was going to be for a deep cleaning, which I was dreading…
Everything has been up in the air for us regarding our trip to Oregon for the next couple of months. My brother-in-law has been living in adult foster care most of this year, so we’re not sure where we will be living. But today, we got more unsettling news… Continue reading
Monday morning and Mark and I hoped to begin our new adventures here in Arizona. Mark is hoping to start a new branch of his business down here in the winters, and I was hoping to find out which H&R Block office wanted me today. Continue reading
Before we left Wisconsin, Mark and I tried applying for several different jobs. On our trip out here, I had a telephone interview for one of the jobs I applied to. Monday morning, I went to fill out the paperwork for the background check at that company. Mark and I have been waiting to hear back from a couple of employers. Continue reading
It was 15° F when we got up this morning, but there was some sunshine, so we were encouraged. We had hoped to make it to at least Missoula, MT by tonight. Continue reading
OK, so Mark and I were talking about things today and he says we probably could have left by Sunday except that we need to stop in Green Bay to pick up a part so the RV furnace will work, and the supplier won’t be open on Sunday. It’s looking like we won’t be leaving Door County until Monday.
We figure we’re still going to be here in Ellison Bay through tomorrow. Saturday is within the realm of possibility too. However, we did make progress today.